Prince of Petworth reports that the team behind BGR The Burger Joint is opening a meatball sub shop in Penn Quarter at Sixth and E Streets, NW, next door to the soon-to-open Luke’s Lobster. From the same blog comes news that the building at 1407 T St., NW, a former post office, is set to become a restaurant. A recent liquor license application reads, “Casual and relaxed bistro restaurant serving an extensive Saturday & Sunday brunch with a total occupancy load of 259. Requesting a Sidewalk Café with 56 seats and Summer Garden with 14 seats.”
Sounds like two promising additions to the city’s culinary scene.